Friday, November 18, 2011

Homemade Boba Drinks


I loveee my boba! Too bad we live so far away, I'm addicted to boba drinks like some people are addicted to Starbucks. But then again maybe it's a good thing, they can get pricey if your drinking it everyday.

Well I found a solution to both my problems! Homemade boba :) We all know I love my smoothies but during the colder months I always stock us up on instant powdered drinks like coffee, hot chocolate, green tea, soymilk and thai tea. Well this past weekend when we went to Dallas I bought this huge bag of boba from Saigon Mall in Garland. I thought they had smaller bags but we could only find this huge one.

(It was upside down and I just flipped it using photoshop hehe)

It was $12.99 and I'm pretty sure this bag will last me a whole year! It's huge. The bag says ready in 5 mins, but I cooked mine for 20 minutes. I took it off the heat and let it sit covered for another 10 mins. I drained it, and let the boba swim in simple syrup (water + dissolved brown sugar). While it cooks its a light brown color and very puffy but as it cools it will shrink and turn into the dark brown almost black color we're all used to.

I made the drink out of this. I think it was $2.99, or $3.99 for 12 packets. We've tried tons of different powdered drinks but this brand is our favorite! It tastes the best and you don't need to add anything but hot water.

I take a glass put some boba at the bottom, and pour my drink into it. Easy and sooo yummy. Perfect for cold weather! Not to mention I get the same thing as the boba places but for a fraction of the cost! Can't beat that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...