Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A simple gift

I finally finished and framed my little Sister's Birthday gift. Late..yea but I've been busy and she doesn't mind I'm sure :) I saw a pinterest with embroidery on canvas and knew I could make one similar to it!

Wouldn't it be cute as a baby shower gift or even a wedding present?! I even made one for us to keep in our home.
I started out by printing the words in a font I liked and printed it out. I then traced it onto the drop cloth.. and outlined my letters first then went back in filled in the gaps in between the letters.
Then I gave them a quick iron to get rid of the circle marks from the hoops.
It was so easy to make, and didn't cost much either. I used left over drop cloth from other projects and used it as the background. The embroidery floss was .35 each at Michaels ( I used about 3 for each project). I already had an embroidery hoop and needle and the IKEA picture frames (they're 9.99 each at IKEA). My sister's pretty artistic herself so I know she'll enjoy hers after I send it to her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...