Thursday, September 29, 2011

No more breastfeeding!

Miniboss is 20 months old today and we officially quit the MUM...aka nursing.

Hardest thing ever. They have tons of breastfeeding coaches on how to do it, but no one ever tells yo how hard it is for you to quit!

It's only been 24 hours and her and I are both exhausted. I barely got any sleep. She was up crying all night. It was such a sad sight I almost gave in and let her feed in the middle of the night but I stuck it out and let her cry. She whined, tossed and turned, sadly sobbed while saying mom, mom, mom. It was such a sad sight to see my kid like that, but funny at the same time because she was so desperate for it.

I wish people would have told me how hard it was going to be for her to quit. Everyone else tells you "Ohh the baby didn't want it anymore anyway so it was easy." Well that is definitively not the case for us. We'll see how long it takes her to sleep on her own without the mum. Its a battle and it's only the beginning.

Not only does quitting suck for her but it sucks for me. My boobs are so engorged with milk and I hurttttttt. I don't know how long this is going to last but it will all be worth it, she's a big girl now and doesn't need milks from her Momma. It's gonna be sad for both of us since it was our bonding time and we are both so used to it.

Cheers to growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...