Monday, October 17, 2011

Throw back post: Rolled Ribbon Roses



Another ribbon rose! I know, I love flowers :) This is another simple way to use up scraps of fabric, ribbon, heck..., even paper! This rose can seriously be made out of anything! I used both fabric and ribbon for mines, since I made mines for hair clips.

You will need:
Hot glue gun
Fabric, or ribbon, or paper strips.


Step 1. Tie a knot at the end of the ribbon.

Step 2. Now twist your ribbon and add a drop of glue to your knot. You can spin your rose clockwise or counter-clock wise, whatever is easiest for you. (See how I twist my ribbon before it is glued?)

Step 3. Keep twisting your ribbon and gluing it down as you go. Vary the twist sizes for a prettier rose.


Step 4. Cut the ribbon once you get a desired rose size. ( It should be about a 1 inch tail so it's easier to work with)

Step 5. Tuck under and glue. Wa La! Done!


Note- If it is too hard for you to glue and twist and make it even, glue your knot down to a felt circle. It will work as a guide for the bottom of your rose so that it will be even, and makes it more stable and easier to work with. I'm a pro so I don't have to though...hahha actually I just like to wing it, and if it turns out ugly it goes into the bottomless pit of my storage room :)

Also don't mind my nails lol! The clear polish was chipping off and crafting does crazy things to your polish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...